Monday, January 9, 2017

Miss Kate Jan Challenge

For this month's challenge at Miss Kate's the theme is Anything Goes! I recently took down all the Christmas stuff and thought I'd create a fun and colorful sign to bring on Spring!


I'm torn on this one - there is something about the color combo that's a little off but I'm going with it.

I cut the files on my Cameo using 631 Vinyl and applied to the menu board I got at Target. I got it after Christmas half off for $1.50. Gotta love a bargain! It's about 8x12.


I then applied the acrylic paints sparingly with foam brushes. Before it dried completely I removed the vinyl to reveal my sign. After everything dried I sanded the edges and even ran the sand paper over the painted areas.


Here are the details on the Miss Kate Files:
I used the file Bring on Spring Title.
I did not use all the little pieces of grass and the water since I stenciled.


I added birdie at the bottom. It's the Lovebird on a Branch file. 
It was a simple file that works well with stenciling.

Hope you can join in on the Anything Goes Challenge on the Miss Kate Facebook Page!
Don't forget to stop over to check out the other design team projects.

 








1 comment:

  1. Your sign looks awesome! I really need to try some other products besides paper.

    ReplyDelete