Monday, October 31, 2016

Fall & Christmas Mini Quilts

Along with playing with paper I've also been playing with fabric too. I recently joined a quilt group and signed up for a sampler quilt class. I did 12 different 12x12 blocks. It is currently at the quilters for machine quilting. I will be sure to share photos once I get it back and bind it. I did a few blocks where I cut fabric on my Cameo and appliquéd it to the quilt block. (click here for a previous video tutorial on how to cut fabric on the Cameo.)

I discovered an amazing quilter's blog - it's called The Crafty Quilter. There was a tutorial for an Amish Mini Quilt that caught my eye. Since I'm new to quilting the great PDF instructions were perfect for me to understand.

I made this Welcome Fall Mini Quilt: 


I placed it on my kitchen table and just love how it turned out.


I also decided to create a smaller one for Christmas.
I just skipped the outside strips and corners.



Here is a close up look.

Hope you liked the Mini Quilts I shared today.
The Crafty Quilter is having a link up on her blog - if you create with fabric stop by and link up!



No comments:

Post a Comment