Saturday, January 31, 2015

Design Team News! & Valentine Decor

I have some exciting news - I’m joining the Fleurette Bloom Design Team!
Fleurette creates original SVG files, printables and digital papers and I am so honored she invited me along on her creative journey.

Please stop by the website and blog to check out all the wonderful creations.


I'm also so excited to be reunited with some ladies that I've worked with before and some new ladies I’ve admired for quite some time.

Here is a Valentine Decor project I created using Fleurette’s Dia De Los Muertos 3D Kit.


I started out with a 10.25" x 8.5" chalkboard from Walmart. 
Don't you love going to the grocery store and stopping by the craft section for supplies? ((I DO!))

Here’s what you'll need:


I opened the banner file in my Silhouette Designer Edition. I ungrouped and deleted the border elements. I sized it to fit my chalkboard and cut out of vinyl on my Cameo. Weed out the areas you want to paint using the Xacto Knife.

I transfered to the chalkboard using transfer tape and added blue painters tape to cover up my frame. Paint the exposed areas with the foam brush and use a fine brush for the tight areas.  Use a small amount of acrylic paint and dab on for a chalk effect.
After it dries remove the tape and vinyl. (this is the fun part!)


I painted the frame with a light coat of white acrylic so the wood grain shows through. Cut the Small Rosettes from Fleurette Bloom's Lush Flowers 3D SVG Collection. I used the tweezers to hold the end and wrapped the paper to form the rosette. I secured with a glue gun and added colored pearls.


I hope you enjoyed my project. I am very excited and honored to be on the team.

Check out this recent release by Fleurette. 
I can not wait to make this wonderful Hot Air Balloon SVG Project Kit "Love Is In The Air"




3 comments:

  1. Congrats to you!! New Follower!
    Creative, Super fun and Beautiful!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Amy and the tutorial is awesome! So happy you joined the team!

    ReplyDelete