Saturday, March 10, 2012

Collage with Doilies



Have to tell you this Sizzix eclips is truly an amazing cutter! It cuts so clean and does not have any issues with intricate cuts. When SVG Cuts released the Doilies SVG Collection I thought I will use those but now that I’ve had it, I am finding more and more uses for them. I just cut some today 4" wide on the eclips!

I discovered a cool trick today and thought I'd share. After the doilies are finished remove from the mat and I used a Pampered Chef Scraper to remove all the little pieces. You probably have these in your kitchen drawer.


I created the Julianna font to match the embroidered bedding. It matches just perfect! You can also get a good look at the first doilie on this photo.


Here is closeup of the doilie. I threaded pink ribbon through the border.


Little Julianna has lots of butterflies in her room so of course I worked in a few of those too.

Shadowbox frame is from Joanns - 12x12 size. Gems on the collage are from Creative Charms. I would suggest you stop by their store ~ they are having an inventory clearance.

Stop by my Facebook Page and like me.


I'm also on Pinterest and have quite a collection of scrapbook layouts pinned plus other seasonal crafts and shadowboxes.


2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful project! Thank you for sharing it on the Sizzix blog with us! I think I need that doilies set now too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this collage is so beautiful I love love it.

    ReplyDelete